Judo Development Coach (South/West London)
- Title: Judo Development Coach (South/West London)
- Type: Coach / Instructor / Activity Leader
- Employer: British Judo Association
- Salary: £20 – 22.5K pa based on experience and skills and there will be a performance based bonus scheme and expenses necessary to fulfil role
To contribute to the success of the British Judo Association in London through the provision and development of coaching to Educational Establishments within a specified geographical area – which link back and enhance the Community Club structure and 16+ engagement.
Promotion and Development
• To further develop Judo in the South/West London area
• To foster and promote judo and judo related products to individuals via schools/educational establishments and community projects in partnership with other like-minded organisations in the area.
• To provide Judo demonstrations, taster sessions, regular activity in schools/colleges and community groups
• To motivate and encourage participation in Judo at all levels – concentrating on retention and pathways into community clubs.
• To take positive steps to identify and overcome barriers to participation amongst 16+ age group from disadvantaged backgrounds
• To facilitate structured, exciting Judo and Judo Fit sessions in educational and community establishments
• To continually review coaching practice with a view to developing a ‘best practice” approach
• To support Judo programmes with hard to reach groups as part of partnered work
Administration and Organisation
• To ensure that the administrative requirements of the BJA and schools are met
• To ensure that coaching sessions are planned in an effective manner
• To undertake training and continuous professional development as necessary relevant to the post and further career advancement
• To assist in the collation of management information and preparation of reports.
• To develop and maintain effective and positive working relationships with all partners and community organisations.
• To respond to general enquiries and deal efficiently with any administrative requirements
• Must positively promote the position of the BJA as the national governing body for Judo at all times
• Must pay high regard to health and safety
• Must maximise the resources of the BJA at all times
• Must carry out and operate within the BJA’s Equal Opportunities policies and strive to achieve any required equality targets
• Must promote a positive image of the BJA in all dealings with internal and external contacts
• To complete ad hoc tasks as assigned to contribute to the success of the British Judo Association
The British Judo Association will provide all equipment needed for this post including mats, suits and van.
Special Instructions: To apply for this position please download a copy of the job description and application form.
Closing Date: 09.09.2011
Contact: Please send completed applications to:
British Judo Association
Suite B, Technology Centre
LOUGHBOROUGH LE11 3GE