Finance and Administration Manager
- Title: Finance and Administration Manager
- Type: Other
- Employer: Cricket for Change
- Salary: £30k pa
Fast growing charity, Cricket for Change, which uses cricket to change the lives of disadvantaged young people in the UK and overseas, is now in need a ‘Finance and Administration Manager’ to manage the finance and deliver efficient administrative support in a hands on role.
You will be required to maintain a Sage accounting system and support the senior team with budgeting, costing our programmes and cash flow management. You will also be required to manage an ‘Administration Assistant’, who will support you in your role.
Ideally you will be an experienced and fully qualified Finance Manager (CCAB recognised). You will have extensive management accounting experience, including cash flow forecasting, budgeting and a sound understanding of financial processes and controls. You will provide an efficient administrative support service to the charity by attending and taking minutes at Trustee meetings and ensuring we meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
You will be highly organised with an ability to turn your hand to a range of administrative challenges. You will be an excellent communicator, with a proactive and positive approach.
You will be based at our superb Cricket Ground HQ near Croydon, SM6 8JQ, which is accessible by public transport and has good car parking facilities.
For more information about the charity see our website on www.cricketforchange.org.uk
To ensure that Cricket for Change has robust financial procedures and accurate records of all financial transactions so that we can manage our business effectively and meet our financial targets. To support the trustees by attending meetings and by ensuring they are meeting all the necessary legal and regulatory obligations. To provide an efficient administrative service for the charity and manage the charity office.
Reports to Chief Executive with dotted line to the Treasurer.
1. To support the charity’s effectiveness by providing an excellent administrative support service to ensure that all the administrative processes that the charity needs to do are done and ensuring that we get value for money out of all our services and contracts.
2. To be responsible for ensuring staff and management understand and maintain sensible financial procedures for the payment of expenses, purchase of goods and payment of invoices. To regularly review these procedures.
3. To keep an accurate record of income and expenditure on SAGE and prepare monthly management accounts. To maintain cash book, and oversee the payment of invoices and chase outstanding creditors.
4. To support the Treasurer with in cash flow management and budgeting and ensuring that Trustees and senior management understand the cost of each area of our operations.
5. Monthly to provide correct information to the payroll service to ensure all staff are paid correctly their salary and expenses and tax is dealt with properly.
6. Annually, to arrange the audit and support the company’s auditor with the necessary documents and information. To update the asset register.
7. To support the preparation of grant and other applications and to be responsible for the collection of accurate and timely financial monitoring information on the charity’s work. To liase with funders over the information they require.
8. To support the work of Trustees by arranging meetings, taking minutes and ensuring that they meet the governance requirements as set out by Charity Commissioners, Companies House and other statutes and regulations.
9. To manage the organisations insurance policies and oversee other contracts with suppliers to ensure value for money and fitness for purpose.
10. To support the Centre Manager with the maintenance and oversight of the Cricket Centre buildings and ensure smooth operation. To be responsible for the office and oversee the conduct of all staff who use it. To maintain a tidy and efficient office environment.
11. To manage an Administrative Assistant.
1. A Finance Manager with 5 years management accounting experience (ideally CCAB recognised).
2. Good Knowledge of Sage Accounting System or similar.
3. A self starter able to work on ones own initiative.
4. Ability to impose accounting structures on a fast moving flexible organisation that support the business objectives.
5. An interest in sport
6. Good organisation skills. Able to impose an ordered and efficient administrative system.
7. Excellent IT skills
8. Able to communicate cheerfully and well and can impose ones authority where needed.
9. Able to work very accurately but at a fast pace.
Special Instructions: Applicants are asked to send their CV with a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role via e-mail to email@example.com or by post to Cricket for Change, The Cricket Centre, Plough Lane, Wallington, nr. Croydon, Surrey SM6 8JQ. Use REF: C4C Finance & Admin. 2011
Closing Date: 04.05.2011
Contact: See Instructions