Sports Development Officer
- Title: Sports Development Officer
- Type: Sports / Community Development Officer
- Employer: London Borough of Brent
- Salary: £26,403 to £28,035 p.a.inc
Due to the current post holder taking maternity leave the Sports and Parks Service are seeking an experienced Sports Development Officer to cover this Maternity period for 8 months in the first instance with a possible further extension of 4 months taking it up to 12 months in total.
Being an Olympic borough, this is an exciting time for sport and physical activity in Brent.
We are looking for a confident and dynamic person, with excellent planning skills, to deliver a number of sports programmes for the young people of Brent.
Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role you will:
• Be an experienced sports development professional
• Have experience of project managing and working to deadlines
• Have experience of planning, organising and delivering programmes of activity for young people
• Have knowledge and experience of health and safety issues with regards to sports activities for young people
• A good understanding of budgetary processes
• Experience of producing publicity material
• Experience of recruiting and supervising staff
• Knowledge and understanding of performance indicators
• Experience in the use of IT
• Good communication skills
The role of the Sports Development Officer is to lead on organising and managing a wide range of sports development activities both through direct provision and partnership working designed to help achieve the recommendations within the Strategy for Sport and Physical Activity in Brent.
The maternity cover role will lead on managing the programme of sport and physical activity organised predominantly for children and young people. You must have good IT Skills and be a good administrator as well as having with excellent communication and time management skills. You should have an interest in sport and an understanding of the structure of sport in England, knowledge of relevant health and safety issues and experience of partnership working. Based at Brent House in Wembley, you will organise activities such as holiday sports programmes, term time courses, teams for inter borough competitions and monitor and evaluate performance.
This is not a coaching position and an enhanced CRB will be required. The post holder may be required to work some evenings and weekends
Closing Date: 06.11.2011