West London Competition Manager
- Title: West London Competition Manager
- Type: Sports / Community Development Officer
- Employer: The Harefield Academy
- Salary: £26,000 + 5% PRP plus essential travelling and subsistence allowance
We are searching for an innovative and committed Physical Education / Sport Professional, who has excellent communication skills, can work independently, in a team, and strategically. The role of the post holder is to plan and manage a programme of competitive activities for young people using the national competition framework and linking to other strands of the PESSYP annual school survey and relevant national programmes, whilst monitoring success. You will link with relevant agencies, national governing bodies of sport and local partners to ensure that the competition framework is both successful and sustainable.
The successful candidate will be expected to lead systemic change in the competition environment for young people within and across the identified School Sport Partnerships and partner agencies in the area. You will be educated to degree level or equivalent and have experience of either sports development work, teaching or a relevant field. You will have knowledge and experience of School Sports Partnerships, sports development, event planning and organisation. You will also have excellent communication skills, experience of project management and organising sporting events.
The post holder is expected to hold a current driving license and have a car available for daily use.
1. Where appropriate, to manage and co-ordinate the organisation and delivery of a programme of inter-school competitions, ensuring that these are based on the national framework and associated NGB and Schools Association national templates and also address local priorities.
2. To support the School Sport Co-ordinator/PLT network within their SSP to ensure that they provide high quality school competitions.
3. To liaise with the PDM to ensure that the competition programme supports and compliments the key objectives identified in the School Sport Partnership planning documents.
4. To manage and support any CPD for the SSCo/PLT’s associated with the delivery of high quality schools competitions.
5. To ensure that the competition programme is linked with the equivalent programmes delivered by other SSP’s within the CSP /local area and liaise with the County Sports Partnership to ensure that the programme also fits into the county context.
6. To undertake liaison with the County Sports Partnership and National Governing Bodies and Schools Associations at County level to ensure that the competition programme delivers the sports national framework, contributes to the sports player pathway and develops appropriate exit routes for the young people into community sport.
7. To ensure that the competition programme is linked effectively with activity undertaken by the local School Sports Association, where applicable.
8. To ensure that the competition programme is effectively linked with other strands of PESSYP and other relevant national programmes. These are likely to include the following
• Step into Sport (placement opportunities for community volunteers)
• Gifted and Talented (Multi-Skill Academies)
• Club Links (Multi-skill clubs and NGB club Development work)
• NGB LTAD work
• Youth Games
9. To manage and co-ordinate the monitoring and evaluation of projects associated with the programmes.
Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the job.
Due to the nature of the post, the post holder will be subject to an enhanced criminal record bureau disclosure search.
London Borough of Hillingdon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Special Instructions: Location: The post holder will be based at The Harefield Academy, Harefield.
Closing date: 4pm Monday 7th December
Interview date: 16th or 17th December (date and time to be confirmed)
To obtain an application form and information pack please contact
Mrs Tracy Ridley-Young on 01895 827862 (24 hour ansaphone) or email email@example.com quoting reference number THA58.
Closing Date: 07.12.2009
Contact: If you wish to discuss this post informally, please contact Michele Danks –
Senior Competition Manager for West London on 07872674878
or email firstname.lastname@example.org