Cricket Development Coach
- Title: Cricket Development Coach
- Type: Coach / Instructor / Activity Leader
- Employer: Capital Kids Cricket
- Salary: £25,394
Working for Capital Kids Cricket the successful candidate will work closely with our own team and our partners to ensure the successful delivery and development of cricket in east London. The role will include meeting clearly defined targets set at six monthly reviews. You should be able to evidence experience of writing, monitoring and evaluating strategies and plans. Experience of Club Development, School Sports Partnerships, and Sports Development Partnerships would be a distinct advantage.
As well as leading, developing and mentoring coaches, we see you as being increasingly involved in coach education courses. Your own coaching will vary from young beginners to older county level performers. The role will involve building close working relationships with key partners (and especially the Bangladeshi community) to help support the delivery of development programmes.
You will be a high level coach with excellent managerial and planning skills and the ability to communicate fluently in Bengali and in English orally and in writing.
The role will include the following:
• To assist in the development of cricket in the east London area in accordance with Capital Kids Cricket development plans
• To work with the Middlesex CB, sports development networks, and borough sports development teams
• To line manage community cricket coaches and develop a volunteer work force
• To support local clubs, including Chance to Shine projects
• To be flexible and work both as a leader and as a member of a team
• To use ICT effectively to gather and disseminate information and plans
• To commit to a professional development programme
Special Instructions: For details of the job description, essential criteria, and an application form please email:
Please email your application and you will receive acknowledgement of receipt.
Candidates for interview will be notified by Wednesday 9th April
Closing date for applications: Friday 4th April
Interviews: Monday 14th April
Start date: 1st June 2008 (depending on statutory notice required in current employment)
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Criminal records Bureau Disclosure
Closing Date: 14.04.2008
Contact: Email: ckidsc@googlemail .com